Saturday, April 11, 2009

Children

Did you know that April is Child Abuse Prevention month? Wear a blue ribbon this month to show your support for this cause. Also, if you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, please report it by calling the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-4-A-CHILD.

As many of you know, I have been volunteering this semester at Child Protective Services. Though the hours are required as part of my Social Services in the Community class, I am grateful for the chance I've had to work at this particular agency. It's been a phenomenal experience. In contrast to the confusion I've felt in many other areas of my life, I truly feel alive when I'm there. Like I belong there. Maybe I've blogged about this before, but I feel like I've finally found my purpose. In all honesty, I would work there for free. To me, that's more of an answer than anything else. I have found my place. Unfortunately, though, I need money to survive. So...after next week, I will say goodbye to the wonderful CPS caseworkers and special children I've worked with. Time to find a job. Sad day.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Isn't money stupid? It's ruining our lives, I tell you. I hope you find something that's worth your while, Bex. And it's wonderful that at least you know there's something out there you have a passion about!

katieg said...

I have to go out and find a blue ribbon now. Thanks for letting everyone know it is Child Abuse Month. You are an absolutely wonderful person.

Rebecca Foster said...

I'm SO glad you are so happy working there. You have so much to give, I'm glad you feel like you fit in well there. It's a great feeling to find your 'calling.' You will continue to bless many peoples lives!