Thursday, January 29, 2009

Living in a dream

Two weeks in school (almost), and I'm still alive. Here are some things I've recently discovered:

1.) I absolutely LOVE tennis. I'm a terrible player, but I guess that's to be expected since I've only picked up a racket twice now. But seriously, what a fun game! Why didn't anyone share this joy with me sooner? A girl has to find out on her own after living 29 years without it. What a shame! I'm hooked.

2.) The Texas State Tram is the coolest thing since FM radio. It picks you up right in front of your apartment and brings you to the center of campus. It's constantly in service, so you usually only have to wait 5-7 minutes if you miss it. Plus, it's all FREE! I may never drive again. LOL.

3.) Small wards/branches are INCREDIBLE. I was nervous about moving here, but I am already a part of the branch family. My life hasn't felt this "right" in a long time. I'm just so happy. Even my roommate feels like she belongs; she's come to FHE twice and to Institute once (today, in fact). I've never met a friendlier bunch of people. (PS: I'm not dissing on SA - it's just harder to fit in so quickly in such a large ward.)

4.) I actually enjoy many of the subjects I thought I hated. History is fascinating, speech makes me laugh, and bio (the lab portion) is actually very interesting. I must admit the lecture portion of biology is a TOTAL bore, but that probably has something to do with the fact that it's at 8 am.

5.) After only two weeks here, I already feel a deep sense of pride being a Bobcat. I already own four TX State T-shirts, a sweatshirt, and a blanket. And I fully plan on buying more as time goes by. I wish I could wear TX State gear every day of the week. Maybe that's weird, but I don't care. I love my school!

Life is good.

10 comments:

Stillman and Michelle said...

I thought you already took Biology? at Ricks with the guy who takes you on a horse ride through the sand dunes? was that not you! yay for being happy!

Janet said...

I'm so glad you are loving life! I loved going there (back when it was Southwest Texas). And I love San Marcos!

Kayla said...

OMG we are so alike! You are just like me...four t-shirts, a sweat shirt and other stuff within the first couple weeks there. TX State is such an amazing place isn't it?! I also find it funny that we are so opposite when it comes to wards/branchs! The branch is amazing, I went there an entire summer. But yes, being a Bobcat has this enormous sense of pride doesn't it? I think we both should wear Bobcat apparel everyday!

Kara said...

I'm so glad that this has been such a good experience for you so far! It's weird for me -- going back to school -- I wish I could dive in and really feel like I belong, but somebody has to feed these kids! haha. I still just feel like the old one in class. It is good being back in school, just weird sometimes too...

I'm thrilled that you're enjoying life!

Yangster said...

wow, first off, I would go to texas state just so I didn't have to drive to school. That's the coolest. Honestly I'm jealous.

I'm so happy that your roommate has gone to FHE and Institute. Wow, I think she might have gone more than me this year. haha. Here's to spreading the gospel.

I get the whole liking things you didn't before and if you want to wear UT State garb, do it loud and proud. You crack me up and im so happy you are happy. it really comes across. miss u much though.

Zach O. said...

Gooooo Bobcats! *cheer kick*

Zach O. said...

ah freak, this is chrissy. although leaving it as Zach O. and letting everyone think he just did a cheer kick is the most enticing thought of my day.

Rebecca Foster said...

Awesome! I am so glad you are enjoying it. And it is so much fun to discover things you love.

Keep having a ball!

Rebex said...

Great comments everyone! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Michelle - Yes, I took Bio at Ricks, but not the second half (PS: I def didn't have the prof that took you horse-riding - I'm so jealous!)

Zach O...err...I mean Chrissy. Your posts cracked me up. You could have really taken advantage of that, but you didn't. What a good gf! :)

Laura said...

That is so awesome Rebecca! You are missed here in SA. True dat about the whole branch vs the Alamo Ward. It's just too big, and too easy to get lost. I loved my branch in Utah.