Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blind Confidence

As I was dragging myself up to the library a few minutes ago, I noticed a young blind guy making his way down the steps. I steer clear of anyone carrying that white stick because I've already had a few close encounters. I view it as a warning to all within a 15-foot radius: Beware! This guy, however, could trip me any day of the week. He was gorgeous. Not the type of guy I'm typically attracted to, he had several tattoos and a pierced eyebrow. For some reason, though, I couldn't stop gawking. I found myself thinking, I could totally nab him; he's blind! And, How cool would it be to date a blind guy - I'd never have to feel insecure about how I look! I watched as he approached me, admiring his beautiful arms and worrying that he might stumble on the last step. When I realized I was beginning to stare, I bashfully looked away. Then it dawned on me that he can't see! With the confidence of a super model, I locked my gaze on him until he had passed me by. It felt great.

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

awesome. i absolutely loved this post.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

You make me laugh. The whole time I was thinking though, that some blind poeple who carry canes CAN see a little. For example did you know my step-dad is blind enough to carry a cane, he just doesn't like to... So wouldn't it be funny if he could see you and is like, OH YEAH she's checking me out!

katieg said...

This post is awesome, I love it! You have made my day.

Wendy said...

That's great Rebecca! And too bad I didn't even know you had a blog or I would have been reading it a LONG time ago! I'll be adding it to my blog list now...and you can do the same for mine if you'd like.
www.familyatplay.blogspot.com :)

Stillman and Michelle said...

LOL Brigitte I was thinking the same thing. Rebecca that is Awsome!

Rebex said...

Glad y'all liked the post. :) Brigitte and Michelle, you make a good point, but oh well. That just makes me even cooler. Haha! Wendy, welcome to my blog. I'll add you to my reading list. Maybe we'll be able to keep in touch better this way. :)

Trin said...

Becca I love you!!! Seriously u need to post more often. and i was hoping you'd say you helped him down that last step and asked for his digits hehe :)
i'm feelin your pain on that stair master, eh, stairs!!!!!
summer classes huh??? missin ya!!!!!