Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hugs

I love hugs. They make me feel loved and protected and just plain happy. If I don’t hug you every time I see you, we’re probably not very close. That’s just how it is.

So anyway… there’s this guy I used to have a mini crush on. We went out a couple of months ago, and I realized he will likely never be anything more than a friend. Some people just belong in the friend box.* One thing that tells me we will never progress beyond friendship is that the dude cannot hug. Seriously! Every time we say goodbye, it’s the most awkward experience ever. It’s like that uncomfortable first kiss you see on TV where the people bump foreheads or noses or teeth. Yes, it’s that awkward. Can two people be so incompatible that they can’t even hug properly? After I last saw him, I decided I’m downgrading him to the “friendly acquaintance” level. What’s the point of hugging someone when you always walk away feeling like a complete idiot afterward? No point.

Am I the only person this ever happens to?

*For all of you married people who are secretly judging me please understand that I’m not writing this guy off after only one date. Truth be told, I’d probably go out with him again if he asked - I just know it’ll never go anywhere. Cut me some slack.

5 comments:

katieg said...

No judgements here. I totally understand that whole thing. If it's awkward in a day-to-day setting it's going to be awkward anytime. Unless he really, really, really, likes you and just doesn't know how to take things ;)


P.S. I love your blogs, they are so much fun to read!

Jalula said...

I feel exactly the same way. If I don't like to hug a guy, why would I want to take things any further?!?! That being said, of course he'd get more than one chance, but if the trend continues, something must be done!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

yes if he is an awkward hugger, he probably isn't comfortable with the mushy love stuff. Therefore probably isn't comfortable telling someone they love them etc.

Oh and I also think its funny that you categorize your friends. lol.

Rebex said...

Oh gosh, I love you ladies. Thanks for your comments. And Brigitte, of course I categorize my friends. Don't you? ;)

Sarah said...

LOL!!! Hysterical, you are totally warranted in any categorizing there:)