Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Backfired love

Remember that post from yesterday? Can I please just take it all back?

OK, I don't really mean that - I'm just feeling frustrated right now. I hate when things I say come back to bite me in the butt. When I said I was going to love people more openly, I didn't realize just how vulnerable that would make me. Tonight I realized that if you're too kind and loving, it's that much easier for people to take advantage of you. Can't people just appreciate being loved instead of using it to their advantage? If it's so important to care about people, why does it sometimes leave me feeling so empty? Blah!

On a positive note, this experience reminds me just how lucky I am for the friends who don't take advantage of me but actually love me back. Fortunately, those kind of friends far outweigh the ones who take me for granted. So... thank you, my friends. I'm grateful to have you in my life. :)

3 comments:

Chow said...

Hey! You're the best! Remember how you swooped in and saved me from a lonely night? SUPER AWESOME. It made me sad when you told me about your internship. But I LOVE YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

S. Clarke Ohlendorf said...

...Uh...hopefully I'm one of the one's outweighing the bad and not the one who led to this comment...

Rebex said...

Chow, I adore you. That was one of the best nights I've had in a while. It was just what I needed, so thank YOU. And thanks for keeping my secret about ANTM. ;)

Clarke, there's no need to worry. In fact, I'm pretty sure I wrote this the day you left a mango on my windshield. Little things like that show me that you care. :)