Friday, November 21, 2008

Trunky

I didn't know what I was getting into when I kindly gave more than two months' notice at my job. I naively figured the new person would start about a week before I headed out (it normally takes that long - or longer - to hire someone around here). But au contraire. Just two weeks after I gave my notice, they've already chosen someone to replace me. Turns out the new person will start in about a week, and I will have to train her for an entire MONTH. I am really not looking forward to that. Seriously, my job is not THAT difficult to learn. It makes me doubt the qualifications of this person if she requires five weeks of babysitting before she can handle the job on her own...or maybe I've just done a REALLY good job of making my job seem complex. LOL! January 9 seems so far away.

Side note: Our new mail delivery guy is really friendly. I wish I could be that happy in a job that's probably quite mundane.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

OK. I just had to fight myself VERY hard to NOT make completely inappropriate jokes in reference to your mail delivery guy... all of which center around the movie "Legally Blonde". Please tell me you've seen that movie, and know what I'm talking about, so I don't have to go right ahead with my comments...

Yangster said...

haha, I felt the same way when I left my job in AZ. I was so bored everyday before I left b/c we had a month together too. But im so happy for your new adventures.

Rebex said...

Chrissy, all I will say is that the bend and snap definitely doesn't work on everyone.

Chrissy said...

Ah. So glad you picked up what I was puttin' down.